Do you love roasted pumpkin seeds? Follow these simple steps to making your own amazing baked pumpkin seeds!
- Olive Oil
- Cut the pumpkin and scrape out the pumpkin seeds
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds in a colander (You don’t want the pumpkin goo)
- Put the clean seeds in a pot
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 Table Spoon of salt to every 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- Turn on heat to high and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes (put on pot lid)
- Remove from heat and drain
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Coat a non-stick cookie sheet with olive oil
- Spread the seeds out over the cookie sheet, mixing them around a bit to cover them in olive oil
- Sprinkle a good amount of salt over all of the pumpkin seeds
- Bake on the top rack for 10-25 minutes depending on how thick your seeds are
- Keep an eye on the seeds and take them out of the oven when they are a light golden brown and crispy
- Let cool
- Eat whole! (My preference) Or you can crack the shell and eat the inside.
Happy Fall Y’all!